The Czech Association of MBA Schools (CAMBAS) has been operating in the Czech Republic since 1998. CAMBAS is an association of legal entities, which aim to promote the quality of MBA study programs and to contribute to the development of this world-recognized form of lifelong learning in the Czech Republic.Currently, CAMBAS members are public universities and private educational institutions, but the association is open to other bodies that would like to contribute to the cultivation of the Czech MBA market.
The main activity of CAMBAS is the accreditation of MBA study programs according to internationally recognized standards. CAMBAS is a member of the international association EQUAL, which brings together important accreditation agencies operating in the field of management study programs. EQUAL members are, for example, AACSB, AMBA, EFMD, FIBAA or GMAC.
CAMBAS accreditation is a guarantee of quality for both prospective students and employers. Accreditation can play an important role in deciding which school and which MBA program is chosen from a broad and often confusing list of MBA programs, of diverse quality. It is important to realize that – unlike Bachelor´s and Master’s degree programs, which in Czech Republic can be provided by higher education institutions with state approval exclusively – MBA studies are not regulated and may be provided by firms without adequate professional background.
Graduates of the MBA program with CAMBAS accreditation can not only display the MBA title, which was obtained from an accredited educational institution, but can also demonstrate knowledge that complies with international standards. The investment into quality education thus clearly increases their competitiveness in the labour market.
CAMBAS is managed by the Board, which was elected by a plenary session in May 2019 for the term 2019-2024.
President: prof. Hana Machková, Rector of the University of Economics, Prague (VSE)
Vice-President: doc. Pavel Mertlík, Rector of ŠKODA AUTO University
Members: prof. Martin Macháček, VŠB – Technical University of Ostrava and prof. Petr Záruba, Dean of Prague International Business School
- Prague International Business School – PIBS
- ŠKODA AUTO Vysoká škola – ŠAVŠ
- University of New York in Prague – UNYP
- Vysoká škola báňská – Technická univerzita Ostrava, Ekonomická fakulta
- Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, International School of Business and Management – ISBM
- Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, Francouzsko-český institut řízení – IFTG
- Vysoká škola finanční a správní – VŠFS
- Vysoká škola tělesné výchovy a sportu PALESTRA
- Vysoké učení technické v Brně, Fakulta podnikatelská
- Vysoké učení technické v Brně, Fakulta podnikatelská, Informační management